Sunday, November 25, 2018

Earth without art.... just Eh.










Nature inspires not just my writing, but also my art. I have been painting, drawing, and making a mess since I was two years old, and I don't plan on quitting. ever. Picasso once said: "The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web." I've included a set of works below with title, inspiration, medium, and location. :) 






Hells Canyon Bear

Inspired by my fishing trip in Hells Canyon (see Blog 1, Heaven in Hells Canyon, for full story.

acrylic/colored pencil/ink
Camden Town, London, UK




                               





Fox and Toucan Sketches

Inspired by the fox in the park and the stuffed Toucan at the Natural History Museum in London.

colored pencil/ink
Camden Town, London, UK






Jelly

Inspired by the Jimi Hendrix psychedelic Jellyfish experience at the Monterey Bay Aquarium

acrylic/ink
Berkeley, California





The Wave

Inspired by pictures of "The Wave" in Utah, which I have never been to, but need to see...

colored pencil
Berkeley, California






California Sea Lion

Inspired by my time at The Marine Mammal Center and the joy of seeing a rehabilitated animal back at sea. I completed this sketch on a plane ride to Berlin.

colored pencil/ink
Somewhere in the sky London--> Berlin






Woodland Caribou

Inspired by the beautiful book "Rare" by Joel Sartori from National Geographic. Joel is amazing, and the work he is doing is top-notch.



acrylic
Camden Town, London, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment